Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

What If....

Today I saw a post on Facebook by Mike French. Mike is a Beachbody Coach who I can tell through his facebook posts is completely dedicated to his family, his fitness and his business.

His post today was a long list of What Ifs... full of great questions and potential actions that would enrich most peoples lives if acted upon.
His full posting is shared here ( http://bit.ly/9KrJwe ) and on my facebook page.

The first 'what if' drew my attention today: What if.... tomorrow you decide to make your daily nutrition as important as your workout?

Nutrition up until now has been my stumbling block. Nutrition is why I do not have a fabulous transformation story from the hours (and hours and hours) of running, working out in the gym or following the amazing Beachbody programs. I have always justified filling my body with sugar, fat, salt and alcohol because I workout. I have exercise headband that has the phrase "I run to eat" printed on it and for a long time I did! I figure what ever time I put in the gym "should" give me a pass to fill my body with what ever I wanted. I want my cake and eat it too, dammit. I want to hold that delusion that life on TV and movies brings. You know where the people with beautiful bodies drink what they want, eat what they want and still have these fit scuplted bodies? Holding on to this delusion that I workout and there for eat what ever I want at any time and in any quantity has contributed to YEARS of anger and discontent of not having the body that I want and honestly think I am capable of.
What have my results been due to this vicious cycle of working out, over eating, under nourishing and high frustration? I am fit, yes, but currently I am at a 29% body fat!

Recently there has been a shift. I have been listening to myself. I am ready for a change. The change is the realization that my body DESERVES to be filled with good, clean whole fresh foods to fuel it for the day. That is what is going to get me where I want to be. To support myself, I am working with a nutritionist as well as doing lots of reading and talking to people. I am walking away from the delusion that healthy fit people fill their bodies with sugar, fat, alcohol and salt daily and still look amazing. You know what? Super fit people do not do that.
I want to be super fit. My goal is to be 150lbs and under 20% body fat. I am going to take my daily nutrition as important as my daily workout.

Thanks Mike for the clarity.

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment