Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Friday, January 14, 2011

The first 12 weeks.....
















Back in October I started an eating plan that I bought from Jillfit.com. Jillfit is a wonderful company that helps women prepare for fitness competitions... also just the rest of us who need to unload a bit (or a lot of fat). I was nervous but really wanted to try having a diet coach - I would have to send in pictures weekly and keep my coach, Jillian, informed of how things were going. I thought the extra accountability might help... it did.
The first 2 weeks were a bit of a struggle but also produced some astounding changes in my body. Inches were flying off. It was quite amazing.
My results and learning from the 12 week experiment:
Weight lost: 14lbs
Inches lost: 6.75 inches
Other lessons:
There are other spices other than salt!
There are healthy things that you can eat that actually do NOT help you with fat loss.
Cheat nights are awesome.
Jillian is awesome!
Alcohol is a poor decision maker and I should probably avoid it to make my goals.
Regardless of how much I think I have it under control, I will still stumble.
While I could have done better, I did make it through the holiday seasons and LOST weight!!

Round 2 starts on Monday!! The goal for this year is 18% body fat. Can't wait to post pics of some hot abs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment