Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The 10000 challenge - week 2 complete

I am on the second week of the 10000 challenge.
I have to say I am having a ton of fun with this challenge.
I have become obsessed with my pedometer! I love tracking how many steps I am taking each day. Last week I averaged 14k steps per day! I remember when I got the pedometer for a contest in my corporate america days. One day during that challenge, I only got 2500 steps. That is barely moving!!
I am enjoy the thinking about the various focus areas and how I can get credit in each of them either each day or at least 1x through out the week. If you might remember from the last blog post the areas of focus are:
Steps, Resistance Training, Mobility, Education/Enrichment, Cooking, Food Tracking, Charity, Progress on goals, Outside world, Fear Depletion

Some are pretty easy for me - steps, resistance training, mobility and happily enough Education and Enrichment. I love that I work to get 1 hour a day either reading about or listening to podcasts on fitness and nutrition. It will make me a better me and a better trainer. From an earlier blog where I was complaining about how much I need to learn in this area, it is driving me to learn learn learn all I can!
I had several days last week where I got my 1 hour outside time. That made me pretty happy. However with high humidity and 98 degrees today... not sure how much I will get this week. :)
As I have been looking for opportunities for charity, they have been presenting them selves to me. It has been fun donating time and/or money to unexpected people and places!

Some other areas are harder for me. I don't like tracking food. I can make me feel anxious. Of course if I did do it and explored why I am anxious about it then I would be able to get points in tracking food and fear depletion! :) I commit to doing that before the end of the challenge. I need to think more about the fear depletion area as well and see how I can work more here. I know there is stuff that scares me and that I avoid...even if I can't name it at the moment. I want to push more into this space...it will bring growth and I love that.

Two weeks in... I can honestly say I love the challenge and the focus that it brings and that it is making my life even better!!

No comments:

Post a Comment