Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Latest Experiment - Update week 1

Last week I wrote about what plan I had put together to lean up a bit for an upcoming photo shoot and some other events happening later on this year.  In that I had promised weekly check-ins, more for my accountability than your interest but here it is anyway.

 - Realized trying to overhead squat and snatch daily with weights requires more warming up than I thought it might.  Have been doing it mostly with PVC pipe or empty bar.  Realizing my form for both is poor. Keeping up the practice all the same.

 - Eating feels really stable and healthy right now and that makes me happy.  Although I did manage to eat my body weight in spiced nuts at a friend's bridal shower on Sunday. Oh well, back on the wagon the next day.

 - Did measurements on Monday.  Things are down from the previous month which is great.

 - Have been enjoying my morning walk - loving the early in the day exposure to sun and nature.

Pretty happy with things at the moment.  Only struggle is getting organized around a more deliberate strength program to pair with my Crossfit. I am not detail oriented like I feel like I should be for tracking what I do every week and some times I am a little low on extra energy. Oh well, buck up and do it anyway!  I know I will be glad I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment