Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

My Latest Experiment - Update week 2

Week 2 updates of my leaning out joyfully (possible, right?)

Two weeks ago,  I wrote about a plan I had put together to lean up a bit for an upcoming photo shoot and some other events happening later on this year.  In that I had promised weekly check-ins, more for my accountability than your interest but here it is anyway.

I have been consistent with my walks and logging daily thoughts in my "food, mood and gratitude" journal.  I need to check back over the past few months since I have been logging that to see if there are things I notice or if there are trends to my energy.  I recently added the "gratitude" part of those journal entries and I love it.

I have been working daily on my overhead and front squat form. Doing this through reading about squats from various sources and practicing daily with the PVC pipe...facing a wall.  Some times just a few reps, some times set to a tabata timer.  Its good work. It is not with weights but I know it is good foundational work that will bring strength and growth eventually.  Below is a picture from Greg  Everett's book Olympic Weighlifiting. I hope to squat like this some day. Beautiful.


My food has been ok. There are times where I feel like I should be pushing more, tracking every calorie and depriving more but that doesn't align with my goal of doing this with balance and joy. Running down the crazy train track of depravation will cause me to crack, break and binge. I know. I have been there.

I started this week on a deliberate strength training plan to supplement my Crossfit workouts.  Happy to be under way with that.  Also this month I am giving myself a little space. I am taking a break from training clients one on one to focus on coaching on Crossfit and spend some time on some other projects.

Measurements won't be done again until Monday so I am looking forward to seeing the results. Will report in next week's blog update.

Have a great week!!

Kara




No comments:

Post a Comment