Welcome to Joy and Fitness!

These are two things that I need to have in my life. Some times I am great with it but other times I struggle. Looking forward to sharing and learning with you!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My Latest Experiment - Update week 3

Week 3 updates of my leaning out joyfully (possible, right?)

Three weeks ago,  I wrote about a plan I had put together to lean up a bit for an upcoming photo shoot and some other events happening later on this year.  In that I had promised weekly check-ins, more for my accountability than your interest but here it is anyway.

Thoughts for this week:


  • Measurements and scale were down a bit - although waist measurements stayed about the same, which bummed me a bit. Oh well. They were down in other spots.
  • These updates have been harder to post than I thought. I am putting myself out there and feel like people might think I am silly for not just bucking up and being as tight and disciplined for the next 8 weeks as I can be just to get it done.  My favorite strength coach Dan John has said "fat loss is a war" where I as I am trying to make it a joyful journey. Maybe I am delusional. Even if I am delusional, I know I am not  keeping so tight reign on myself that I break and binge.  Feeling good about what I am doing daily is really where I want to be. I guess I am realizing that for me finding balance feels more important to me than being leaner. I am taking the slow winding path to fat loss and not the war path. 


I think that is all for this week.... will provide at least one more weekly update next week.

Peace out!



No comments:

Post a Comment